Multiple outlets are reporting that Robert Card, the alleged shooter in the mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine, that left 18 dead and numerous others injured, has been found dead after an extensive manhunt, according to sources.
The US Army reservist accused of killing 18 people and injuring 13 more in a shooting rampage across a small Maine city this week is dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, multiple sources tell CNN.
Robert Card, 40, was found dead in the woods near Lisbon, some 8 miles from Lewiston, where Wednesday’s shooting happened, the same sources said.
The NBC affiliate in Boston, WBTS, also reported the breaking story:
The man suspected in Wednesday’s massacre that killed 18 people in Lewiston, Maine, has been found dead, sources told the NBC10 Boston Investigators Friday night.[…]
Specific details were not immediately available, but multiple told the NBC10 Boston Investigators there was no longer a threat. Four senior law enforcement officials told NBC News that Card had been found dead.
Their report added that authorities have now released the names of all victims — one with a special connection to the state’s governor:
At a press conference Friday, Maine authorities announced the names of all 18 victims who were killed in the tragedy.
“The victims of this tragedy are our family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors,” Gov. Janet Mills said in a statement. “It is often said that our state is ‘one big, small town’ because Maine is such a closeknit community.”
Mills noted one of the victims, Josh Seal, was a personal friend. An ASL interpreter during the state’s COVID-19 briefings, he was one of four members of a deaf cornhole league killed at Schemengees.
As this is a breaking story, RedState will provide further updates as they become available.